This summer, guests visiting YOTEL New York will once again have exclusive access to special-designed bikes, allowing for a fun and eco-friendly outdoor experience along the city bike paths.
We are excited to announce a new partnership with Blazing Saddles, NYC’s leading bicycle rental and tour company, located at Pier 84, along 12th Avenue just 2 short blocks walk from the hotel.
Choose from our range of classic three-speed cruisers featuring hand-painted wood grain fenders, leather grips and leather saddles, or single gear models. These signature designs compliment the brand’s design sensibility, and come in a variety of colors – purple, green and white, featuring hand-painted wood grain fenders, leather grips and leather saddles. They provide riders of all levels with seamless shifting for enjoyable and easy rides.
Bikes may be coordinated on a first-come, first-served basis to hotel guests via Mission Control for a $5 insurance fee paid to Blazing Saddles upon pick up.
As an added bonus, guests may choose from Blazing Saddles' fleet of bikes at a 25% discount off the day rate (only $30)!
LET’S GET CYCLING...
BIKE THE CITY SAFELY
- In New York City, cyclists must observe the same traffic laws as motorists, and are subject to the same penalties, so make sure you stop at every red light and never ride on sidewalks, expressways, or highways.
- Cycling is permitted on all main and local streets, even when no designated bike lane exists. When a bike lane is available, you must use it.
- Wear a helmet!
- Always ride with traffic, never against it.
- Take out your headphones so you keep your wits about you at all times and can hear surrounding traffic.
- If possible, leave at least three feet of distance between your bike and the nearest parked car to avoid a collision if doors are opened unexpectedly.
- View a complete map of bike lanes in New York City here.
- Find the safest, quickest route to your destination by using RideTheCity.