Our guests will receive exclusive access to specially designed bikes, allowing for a fun and eco-friendly experience along the city bike paths
Here at YOTEL, we are excited to announce our partnership with Blazing Saddles, NYC’s leading bicycle rental and tour company. It’s located at Pier 84, along 12th Avenue just two short blocks walk from the hotel.
Choose from a wide range of three-speed cruisers with hand-painted wood grain fenders, leather grips and saddles, or single gear models. These signature designs compliment the brand’s design sensibility, and come in a variety of colours- purple, green and white. They provide riders of any levels with seamless shifting for both enjoyable and easy rides.
Bikes are handed out to our guests on a first-come, first-served basis via Mission Control, with only a $5 insurance fee paid to Blazing Saddles required upon pick up.
As an added bonus, our guests get to choose any bike from Blazing Saddles at a 25% discount off the standard day rate (only $30)!
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT RENTING BIKES IN NEW YORK CITY
- In New York City cyclists must abide by the same traffic laws as motorists and are subject to the same penalties, so make sure you stop at every red light and never ride on sidewalks, expressways, or highways.
- Cycling is permitted on all local and main streets, even when no designated bike lane exists. However when a bike lane is available, you must use it.
- Wear a helmet at all times!
- Always ride with traffic, never against it.
- Take out your headphones so you keep your wits about you, and ensure you can hear the surrounding traffic.
- If possible, leave at least three feet of distance between your bike and the nearest parked car, so that you avoid possible collisions if doors are opened unexpectedly.
View a complete map of bike lanes across New York City here.
Find the safest, quickest route to your destination by using RideTheCity.
Find out more about YOTEL New York hotel facilities, find out more about our luxurious and affordable cabins or check availability for your trip now.