WiFi and Internet Acceptable Use Policy
We provide free, strong WiFi at our hotels for the use and enjoyment of guests. The use of YOTEL WiFi or Services is deemed to be acceptance of this Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). YOTEL may change this Policy to reflect any changes in the law or community standards or whenever YOTEL deems it necessary. Normal browsing and emailing and casual video watching etc is fine. Like any WiFi hotspot, some things are inappropriate, so for your clarity please be aware of the items below.
The YOTEL Network and Services may be used for lawful purposes only and in compliance with all current and future statutes in force from time to time. The Guest agrees not to use the Service to send or receive materials or data which is in violation of any law or regulation or which is defamatory, offensive, abusive, indecent, obscene or in breach of confidence, privacy, trade secrets or in breach of any third party Intellectual Property rights (including copyright) or in breach of any other rights.
In particular the following is deemed unacceptable use or behaviour by Users:
- visiting internet sites that contain obscene, hateful, pornographic or otherwise illegal material
- using the network to perpetrate any form of fraud, or software, film or music piracy
- using the internet to send offensive or harassing material to other users
- downloading commercial software or any copyrighted materials belonging to third parties, unless this download is covered or permitted under a commercial agreement or other such licence
- hacking into unauthorised areas
- publishing defamatory and/or knowingly false material about YOTEL, colleagues, fellow residents and/or our guests on social networking sites, 'blogs' (online journals), 'wikis' and any online publishing format
- undertaking deliberate activities that waste staff effort or networked resources
- introducing any form of malicious software into the network
- use of BitTorrent or similar distributed file sharing sites
Violations of System or Network Security
We have to live wirhin the local legal constraints per hotel location so this also applies to guests. Any violations of systems or network security are prohibited, and may result in the guest facing criminal and civil liability by local authorities. YOTEL will co-operate with the relevant law enforcement organisations if a criminal violation is suspected. Violations may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Unauthorised access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network;
- Unauthorised monitoring of data or traffic on any network or system without express authorisation of the owner of the system or network; or
- Interfering with any guest, host or network including mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks.
- Enabling Direct File Sharing from the Internet or within the network causing excessive upload/download traffic.
Fair Usage Policy
Our hotels are shared spaces so please play fair! Users who generate excess traffic may receive a warning from us and have their usage throttled back automatically.