8 THINGS YOU MUST DO THIS FALL IN NYC
It’s time to bust out the sweaters, scary movies and pumpkin spice everything because fall has officially arrived in New York City! You can feel the renewed sense of energy and excitement in the air. To make the most of this short (and sweet) season, we’ve rounded up 8 essential activities to put on your Autumn bucket list:
1. Have an essential Autumn day at Queens County Farm. A pumpkin patch, hay rides, a 3-are corn maze, fresh apple cider donuts and a Haunted House? Yes, please. October isn’t the same without a visit to this historic farm.
2. Learn to bake a pie at Brooklyn Grange. Don’t miss the chance to visit NYC’s only rooftop farm, equipped with stunning views, a winery and organically grown produce. Plus, they’re hosting a pie baking class this month!
3. Check out the installations at Storm King Arts Center. Art meets nature in the best way possible at this massive outdoor museum in Hudson Valley. Strom King is even more incredible when the leaves change colors, so be sure to visit before they close for the winter.
4. Try every pumpkin dessert Step aside, Pumpkin Spice Latte. From Whoopie Pies to donuts, it wouldn’t be fall without a month-long quest to find all things sugary and pumpkin flavored.
5. Spend an afternoon in Central Park. There really is nothing quite like Central Park when the leaves change color. Have a picnic in Sheep’s Meadow, row around the lake at Loeb Boat House or simply take in the beauty of one of the world’s most iconic public parks.
6. Check out the infamous Great Jack-o’-lantern Blaze. Tickets to this spooky event sell out fast, with good reason. Witness over 7,000 glowing pumpkins at the most spirited Halloween event of the season.
7. Pamper yourself during Spa Week. Arguably the best part of October - for one week only, spas around the city offer $50 deals on everything from laser facials to deep tissue massages. Count us in.
8. Day trip to North Fork for wine tasting. Escape the craziness of NYC for the day and head to the North Fork, where you’ll find some of the most impressive small batch wineries in the country.
You now know eight interesting things to do in New York during fall. Our New York City hotel could be a great choice as it is located in the heart of Time Square.