- YOTEL operates the website www.YOTEL.com as well as certain other related affiliated websites and a mobile application (collectively, hereinafter referred to as the “Site”). By accessing the Site, “you” agree to each and every one of the terms and conditions provided below (hereinafter, the “General Terms and Conditions”). Your use of the Site acknowledges and affirms such agreement.
- For the purposes of the General Terms and Conditions, “YOTEL” includes YOTEL Limited, YOTEL Management Company Ltd, YOTEL Management (USA) Co., LLC, the Hotel and owner of the Hotel, and their respective affiliates or agents thereof.
- These General Terms and Conditions are intended to define the terms and conditions under which YOTEL allows its customers and guests (hereinafter, the “Guest(s)”) to benefit from all of the services, particularly any reservation services, that are available on the Site and at the Hotel and its additional facilities and are further described below (hereinafter, collectively, the “Services”).
- Prior to reserving any Service on the Site, the Guest declares (i) that said Guest is acting for his/her own personal purposes, (ii) his/her intent to utilize the Services solely in the capacity as a transient lodging guest, regardless of anticipated length of stay or booking reservation, and (iii) the Guest has the full legal capacity to accept these current General Terms and Conditions. You agree that you will make only legitimate reservations in good faith for use by you and your invited guests only, and not for other purposes, including without limitation, reselling, impermissibly assigning or posting on third party websites, or making speculative, false or fraudulent reservations.
- We invite you to carefully read these General Terms and Conditions prior to acceptance. Acceptance is mandatory for the reservation of any Service offered on the Site and prior to check-in at any YOTEL property. Guests may access and if necessary print these General Terms and Conditions from their device or request such General Terms and Conditions from any YOTEL property.
- YOTEL reserves the right to modify or supplement, at any time, all or part of these General Terms and Conditions without notice and, unless otherwise indicated, such changes will become effective immediately upon posting. Those using the Site and Guests are encouraged to regularly consult the General Terms and Conditions to be aware of any changes.
Description of the Services
- YOTEL Services includes reservation services for rooms, cabins, pads, or other types of accommodation (“Rooms(s)”) operated under a YOTEL brand (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Hotels”) and any such services complementary and ancillary to such Rooms on its Site, as well as other facilities available at the Hotels.
- The essential characteristics, availability dates, price, options offered, payment conditions and conditions of sale applicable to the selected rate (guarantee policies, cancellation conditions, check-in time, member rate conditions, etc.) of the offered Hotels are presented during the reservation process as described below.
- In this respect, it is noted that each Hotel has its own special terms and conditions applicable to the selected rate also available on the Site (hereinafter, the “Special Conditions”) which are brought to the attention of the Guest prior to any reservation on the Site. For example, check-in and check-out times, guarantee policy, cancellation period, WiFi access, specific conditions applicable to children, and whether animals are allowed may be detailed in the Special Conditions. The Special Conditions may be updated from time to time on this Site or with respect to any Hotel and deemed to be included in the General Terms and Conditions are referred to herein. Certain Hotels also offer additional facilities that may be available to book separately.
- YOTEL enters from time to time into partnership, distribution and reservation agreements with the Sites owned and operated by third parties (hereinafter, the “OTA(s)”), in order to allow the Guest to search for, select and reserve rooms, cabins or pads in the Hotels of the different brands distributed by YOTEL on the Site of such third party. For certain other facilities that may be available at specific Hotels, YOTEL may from time to time partner with other third parties to allow the Guest to search for, select and reserve additional facilities at the Hotels.
- The terms and conditions of sale applicable to these OTAs are pursuant to the OTA’s conditions. YOTEL shall not liable or responsible for the statements or guarantees made by such parties.
Reservation of Yotel Services
- Reservations may be made by the Guest on the Site or on that of an authorised OTA. The reservation process may vary based on the type of reservation needed. The Guest provides the initial search criteria and the results and selection of a Hotel and, if applicable, one or more other Services shall be provided on the Site. In some instances, the Guest shall have the option to pick certain details and characteristics of the Service(s) selected, length of stay, options offered (for example: breakfast, WiFi access, etc.), the total price of the reservation including details of the applicable taxes, facility fees, and any applicable Special Conditions (guarantee policies, cancellation policy, check-in time, etc.). Upon selection and confirmation of such reservations, the Guest shall receive a prompt for payment information, either in the event of the partial or total pre-payment of the reservation prior to the stay, or in the event of a request for a reservation guarantee for the Rooms and the review and acceptance of the General Terms and Conditions and the Special Conditions relating to the reservation prior to validation by the Guest. Upon payment or confirmation of reservation as applicable and acceptance of the General Terms and Conditions, the Guest will receive an email confirming the reservation of the Service(s) summarising the Service(s) reserved, the price(s), the Special Conditions accepted by the Guest, the date of the reservation made, access to the General Terms and Conditions and the address of the Hotel.
- All reservations are considered made as soon as the Guest clicks the Complete Booking Button.
- The Guest may make a reservation for Rooms on behalf of one or more additional person(s) up to a maximum of five (5) rooms, cabins or pads. Beyond this number, the reservation made by the Guest will be subject to the conditions applicable to groups. For reservations concerning business groups, meetings, seminars, etc., please complete the following form:
Reservation of Partner Services
Reservations made by the Guest through OTAs and third party suppliers are not available on www.YOTEL.com but instead directly through such OTA or third party. However, all Guests booking through an OTA or third party will still be required to accept these General Terms and Conditions and any relevant Special Terms and Conditions.
Price and payment
- The prices related to the reservation of the Services are indicated before, during and after the reservation.
- For Rooms and Services, the prices shown are per room for the number of people and date selected. When confirming the reservation of a Room, the total price is indicated includes estimated taxes and any facility fees that may be payable in connection with the reservation. The price of any reservation for a Room or Service is made provided for in the local currency of the Hotel unless otherwise selected by the Guest.
- Unless otherwise stated on the Site, any optional services that are not offered during the reservation of the Service are not included in the price. For certain other facilities that may be available at specific Hotels, prices and payments will be stated and made separately.
- The Hotel collects all taxes due (including any tourist tax, sales taxes, value added taxes, occupancy taxes) as applicable and remits them to the proper authorises as needed.
- Any modification or introduction of any new taxes or surcharges imposed by any governmental authority will automatically be reflected in the price indicated on the billing date regardless if provided for in the reservation summary and confirmation.
- Finally, some promotional offers are available only on the Site and sold exclusively on the internet, and in no case are available on site at the Hotel. A discount may be available with respect to any reservation of Service by creating an account for exclusive use by the Guest. Any such discount may vary from time to time at the discretion of YOTEL or the Hotel.
- The Guest provides his/her payment information (i) to pre-pay the reservation before the stay, (ii) as a guarantee of the reservation, or (iii) as a result of the online check-out procedure proposed as part of the process described below when the credit card number, without spaces between the figures, its date of its expiration and the security code as part of a pre-payment on the payment platforms mentioned below.
- YOTEL uses various suppliers to secure online payments by bank card. The credit card of the Guest is examined for its validity by these partners and can be refused for several reasons: card stolen or blocked, limit reached, input error, etc. In the event of any problem, the Guest will have to approach his/her bank and the Hotel or any other entity to confirm his/her reservation of the Service and payment method to the satisfaction of the Hotel.
- The online payment methods (cards, wallet, etc.) available and mentioned on the payment page of the Site may be Visa and Mastercard, American Express, PayPal, Discover and Union Pay cards. This list is subject to change from time to time without further notice.
- In the event of payment to the Hotel or any other entity, each Hotel or any other entity may accept different means of payment, but the Guest must present the credit card to the Hotel that they used to guarantee the reservation or make the pre-payment. The Hotel may also ask the Guest to present an identification document for the purpose of credit card fraud prevention.
- If the Guest has not pre-paid for his/her stay online, the Hotel may, upon arrival, ask the Guest for a deposit or a payment authorisation to debit the credit card to guarantee payment of the sums corresponding to the services consumed on the Site.
- In the event of the Guest’s failure to show up on the first day of his/her reservation of a Room reservation (“no show”), the Guest’s reservation will be cancelled in full. The Guest is informed that in such a case, the Hotel will put his or her rooms, cabins or pads up for sale and if the reservation is non-cancellable / non-exchangeable / non-refundable, the Guest will not be entitled to any reimbursement or compensation. If the reservation is guaranteed by credit card or had been the subject of a bank payment pre-authorisation, the Hotel will charge the Guest the cost of the first night on the credit card that has been given as a guarantee for the reservation and any additional nights of the reservation will be cancelled free of charge, unless otherwise indicated in the Special Conditions.
- At the time of pre-payment, the amount that is debited when reserving the Service includes the total amount indicated at the time of reservation (including all applicable taxes) and, if applicable, the price of the options selected by the Guest.
- Any reservation or check-in deposits that are left unclaimed from one year from the anticipated date of reservation shall not be refundable and be considered abandoned, unless otherwise notified in writing by the applicable party. Yotel will not provide a separate written notice of unclaimed deposits. THIS SHALL NOT APPLY WHERE A DEPOSIT IS DEEMED “NON-REFUNDABLE” AS PART OF THE BOOKING PROCESS.
- To facilitate and accelerate the arrival and/or departure of Guests from the Hotel, YOTEL has set up a procedure for digital check-in and/or check-out process on your mobile phone or at Self Service Stations at any local Hotel prior to the stay and upon check-out from such stay provided that his/her reservation is eligible for this service. You can download the app from your mobile App store.
- Any online, Self Service Station or mobile based check-in and check-out shall result in a “pre-authorisation” or “hold” from any form of electronic payment as appropriate. Only the actual sum of the total amount due will be debited by the Hotel upon the departure of the Guest at the end of the stay, without requiring the physical presence of or new validation from said Guest.
- “Mission Control” will be available for check-in, check-out and to address any other matters in connection with your reservation at the Hotel.
- The sum of the payment authorisation request includes the sum of the reservation (or the amount remaining to be paid in the event of partial pre-payment when making the reservation) and a lump sum payment to cover any on-Site consumption or expenses of the Guest as applicable.
- The payment authorisation request is not an immediate debit but corresponds to a reserve for future payment which temporarily reduces the limit of the bank card used to guarantee the possibility of the subsequent debit. In some cases, however, the payment authorisation request may appear as a pending debit on the bank account associated with the card used.
- When the authorisation request has been activated and confirmed by the bank, at the end of the stay, the Hotel sends a debit request to the Guest's bank corresponding to the sum of the remaining amount of the invoice.
- If the Guest wishes to prepay for the entire stay upon arrival, any additional expenses incurred at the Hotel cannot be added to the room account and will be paid directly to the hotel at the time of consumption.
- If the reservation is cancelled after the payment authorisation request has been made, a request to cancel the payment authorisation request is automatically sent to the bank of the cardholder. In rare cases, this cancellation may appear as a refund in 5-10 business days.
- Please note that the release of the pre-authorised payment amount (or refund) usually takes twenty-four (24) to forty-eight (48) hours, but it can take up to ten (10) business days or more depending on the cardholder’s bank.
- In the event that the Guest does not make a guaranteed reservation but makes a payment authorisation request which is confirmed, then, by its nature, this reservation becomes a reservation guaranteed by the card used for the payment authorisation request.
- In the event of a bank refusal of the payment authorisation request, or a technical interruption that did not allow the payment authorisation request to be performed, the reservation shall then be considered a non-guaranteed reservation.
Cancellation or modification of a Service reservation
- For any reservation, the Special Conditions specify the conditions to cancel and/or modify the reservation. Pay Now Bookings will not be subject to any changes and/or cancellations. The deposit (money paid in advance) will not be reimbursed.
- Cancellations for reservations for Rooms can be made directly on the Site or directly with the Hotel, whose contact information, including telephone number, is specified on the reservation confirmation e-mail.
- Except as provided above and subject to applicable check-in and check-out times as established by the Hotel, the Guest will be charged for an additional night if the cancellation is not made within the General Terms and Conditions or Special Conditions.
Obligations and responsibility of the Guest
- The Guest is solely responsible for his/her choice of services on the Site and their suitability for his/her needs. YOTEL disclaims any liability connection with the Guest’s choices and confirmation of Services. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SITES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR ANY GUARANTY OR ASSURANCE THAT OUR SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE, ADEQUATE, ACCURATE, UNINTERRUPTED, OR WITHOUT ERROR.
- The Guest is also solely responsible for the information provided when creating his/her account and/or any reservation of a Service. YOTEL cannot be held liable for any erroneous or fraudulent information provided by the Guest. In addition, only the Guest is responsible for the use of his/her account, preservation of his/her passwords, and any reservation made, both on behalf of the Guest and on behalf of third parties, including minors, except to demonstrate fraudulent use arising from no fault or negligence on the part of such Guest. The Guest must immediately inform YOTEL of any hacking or fraudulent use of their e-mail address by contacting its Guest service department.
- The Guest agrees to use the Site and the Services offered therein in compliance with the applicable regulations and these General Terms and Conditions. In the event of a breach of the Guest’s obligations under these General Terms and Conditions, the Guest is liable and shall indemnify YOTEL for damages caused by him/her to YOTEL or third parties. In this regard, the Guest commits to guaranteeing YOTEL against all claims, actions or recourse of any kind that may arise and to compensate for any damages, fees or any compensation related thereto.
- The material and information displayed on the Sites are strictly belonging to YOTEL and the downloading, reproduction, or re-transmission of such information or material, other than for non-commercial individual use, is strictly prohibited, except to the extent permitted with prior written consent by YOTEL or by OTAs or by travel agents for business-only purposes in connection with a reservation with an Hotel. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, YOTEL and its affiliated companies and third parties expressly exclude any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our Site, any websites linked to them and any materials posted on them, including, without limitation any liability for loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
- With regard to any usage of the Site and reservation:
- • Any reservation or payment that is irregular, ineffective, incomplete or fraudulent which is ultimately attributable to the Guest will result in the cancellation of the reservation at the expense of the Guest, without prejudice to any action that YOTEL may bring against such a Guest;
- • The Guest shall not invite into the Hotel any person whose behaviour is likely to be disruptive to the Hotel and/or to the stay of other Guests. The Hotel may ask any Guest that is disruptive to leave at the Hotel’s discretion.
- • YOTEL is a non-smoking hotel and no-smoking and drug policies are enforced throughout the premises. In the event of a false alarm being activated by a Guest or other customer violating our no smoking or drug policy and the YOTEL premises being evacuated, YOTEL reserves the right to impose a charge on the Guest or other customer who activated the alarm and/or creates any lingering smell of smoke or damage to the room or other areas of the Hotel, including, without limitation, the surfaces and material finishes in guest rooms, cabins or Pads.
- • YOTEL provides in-room safes for the use of Guests. Subject to the requirements of applicable law, including the Hotel Proprietors Act 1956 in the United Kingdom, YOTEL accepts no liability of the loss (including theft) of valuables from YOTEL Hotels which were not safely stored in a safe. If your room, cabin or pad does not have a safe, or if the safe in your room, cabin or pad is not working, it is your responsibility to contact Hotel management and you will be provided with access to a working safe to keep your property secure during your stay. Where applicable law states that our liability to you for loss of your property is capped at an amount, we will only be liable up to the maximum sums under such laws.
- • YOTEL has rooms, cabins and pads which are adapted for customers with accessibility requirements. Please visit contact us if you require more information in this regard. https://www.yotel.com/en/contact-us
- • Although YOTEL will make every possible effort to accommodate your personal requirements, all rooms, cabins and pads are subject to availability. We apologise in advance if your particular requests cannot be met.
- • We regret that, with the exception of service animals, no pets are allowed in YOTEL Hotels except as expressly provided in the Special Conditions of any particular Hotel. Please contact us to see our YOTEL Paws Pet Policy and our YOTEL Service Animal Waiver which apply accordingly. You will be asked to review and accept these terms and conditions when you check in at the Hotel. https://www.yotel.com/en/contact-us
- • You should not bring your own heating and/or cooking electrical appliances, such as toasters and mini cookers, into the rooms, cabins or pads at any time.
- YOTEL recognises that in some jurisdictions it is permissible for persons to legally carry and possess firearms. YOTEL expressly prohibits persons from carrying or otherwise possessing a firearm on the property of any Hotel, including carrying firearms in an open or concealed manner. This policy applies to all firearms, regardless of whether the firearm is a handgun or a long-barreled gun. The Hotel reserves the right to request guests and visitors who fail to abide by this policy to leave the premises of the Hotel. Failure to leave at the request of the Hotel may result in the relevant authorities being contacted and may subject you to further legal action for failure to abide by this policy, including trespassing. To the extent required by applicable law, this prohibition excludes law enforcement officers authorised to carry such firearms.
Right to Refuse Service
- YOTEL reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason(s) that does not violate applicable laws. YOTEL may refuse, in its discretion, to admit or refuse service or accommodation in our Hotels or may remove a person, without refund, who refuses to abide by the reasonable standards and policies established by YOTEL. YOTEL may refuse service or evict a guest: for refusal or failure to pay for accommodations, is under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any other intoxicating substance and acts in a disorderly fashion as to disturb the peace of other guests or is not in compliance with applicable liquor laws; acts in a disorderly fashion as to disturb the peace of other guests, seeks to use the hotel for an unlawful purpose; seeks to bring into the Hotel: an unlawfully possessed firearm; or something, including an explosive or hazardous or toxic substance, that is unlawful to possess and that may be dangerous to other persons; destroys, damages, defaces, or threatens harm to property or guests; or otherwise refuses to abide by the standards or policies established by YOTEL or any Hotel.
- Due to current market conditions caused by novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we are closely monitoring the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organisation’s and other relevant organisation’s statements regarding such cases and guidelines from these agencies and relevant the local health departments. We have adopted a flexible cancellation policy to reflect that the wellbeing and safety of our Guests and employees are of paramount importance to YOTEL.
- YOTEL operates Operation Smart Stay, please click here for details. https://www.yotel.com/en/operation-smartstay
- YOTEL has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 or any other virus or bacterial infection (collectively “Infections”), however, we cannot guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19 or any other Infection. By using an Hotel and its Services you acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and other Infections and voluntarily assume the risk that you may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 or any other Infection by attending the Hotel and its additional facilities and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. You understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 or other Infection at the Hotel or its additional facilities may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of yourself and others. You voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to yourself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that you may experience or incur in connection with your attendance at the Hotel and its additional facilities. You hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless YOTEL of and from any claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. You understand and agree that this release includes any claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of YOTEL whether a COVID-19 or other Infection occurs before, during, or after attending the Hotel or its additional facilities.
Contact, guest services and complaints
- For any concerns regarding YOTEL or any of its Hotels, we encourage you to contact Mission Control or the Hotel otherwise directly.
Privacy and Personal Data Protection
- The General Terms and Conditions and the applicable Special Conditions constitute the entirety of the obligations of YOTEL herein. No other conditions requested by the Guest may be incorporated herein or shall modify the General Terms and Conditions.
- In the event of a contradiction between the Special Conditions and the General Terms and Conditions, the Special Conditions shall prevail. If any terms of the General Terms and Conditions, or the application thereof to any person or circumstance, is invalid or unenforceable at any time or to any extent, then the remainder of the General Terms and Conditions, or the application of such term to persons or circumstances other than those as to which it is held invalid or unenforceable, will not be affected and each term of the General Terms and Conditions will be valid and enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
- English is the originating language herein. If the General Terms and Conditions are translated into a foreign language, the English language will prevail over any other translation in the event of any dispute, litigation, difficulty of interpretation or in the fulfilment of these conditions and, in a more general manner, regarding the relations between the Parties.
Applicable law and dispute resolution
- The General Terms and Conditions are governed by laws of England and Wales. Except with respect to any claim or dispute involving the ownership, validity or use of any YOTEL trademarks or service marks, any dispute arising out of or related to the Site (including any claim that any provision of these General Terms and Conditions are invalid, illegal, or otherwise voidable or void) will be submitted for and resolved by binding arbitration before the London Court of International Arbitration. YOTEL shall have the right in a proper case to obtain temporary restraining orders, temporary or preliminary injunctive relief and/or declaratory relief (other than declarations with respect to the amount of money damages) from a court of competent jurisdiction. In reaching his or her decision, the arbitrator shall follow these General Terms and Conditions, shall be bound to apply the applicable law and shall not rule inconsistently with the applicable law. The arbitration shall be conducted on an individual basis, and not as a consolidated, common, representative, group or class (no class actions). The arbitrator shall include in his or her award any relief he or she deems proper in terms of money damages (with interest on unpaid amounts from the date due at the maximum rate allowed by law), and attorneys’ fees and costs. The award of the arbitrator shall be conclusive and binding upon all parties hereto and judgment upon the award may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Any and all claims and actions arising out of or relating to the Site shall be commenced within one (1) year from the occurrence of the facts giving rise to such claim or action, or such claim or action shall be barred.