FIVE MUST SEE HOLIDAY EVENTS IN SAN FRANCISCO
Share this page
Share this page
If you ask us, there’s never a bad time to visit San Francisco. From the near perfect weather to the infamous cable cars to the world-class foodie scene, there’s always a good excuse to visit the city by the bay.
Like most cities, San Francisco gets an extra dose of magic during the holiday season with Christmas trees, ice skating, plenty of performances and one of the cutest holiday window displays of all time. If you’re lucky enough to make it to SF this holiday season, there are a few events you won’t want to miss:
1. Great Dickens Christmas Fair Retreat back to the Victorian Era for a day of food, shopping and old-timey traditions with this SF holiday staple. Dress up, do some Christmas shopping and don’t miss out on one of the oldest traditions in the city. Event is ticketed.
2. Macys x SPCA Holiday Windows For the 32nd year in a row, Macy’s has partnered with the SPCA humane society to create the cutest holiday window displays in town, featuring adorable adoptable cats and dogs who need loving homes. This year’s display is titled “The Wonder of Giving,” celebrating the bonds better family, friends and animals. Warning - you may end up coming home with a new furry friend!
3. The Golden Girls Live - The Christmas Episodes There’s nothing SF loves more than a good drag show. At this ticketed holiday staple, four talented drag stars recreate different Christmas episodes of the beloved show “Golden Girls,” putting a nontraditional twist on a holiday performance. Sign us up!
4. The Nutcracker If you prefer to go the more traditional route, there’s nothing quite as timeless as dressing up for a night at the ballet. The timeless tale of the Nutcracker is a holiday staple for good reason, and we never get sick of seeing this show in every city.
5. Winter Park at Civic Center The Civic Center is getting a major holiday makeover this year. With ice skating, donation drives, curling lessons, DJ party nights and plenty of festive décor, you’ll definitely want to take a trip to the brand new Winter Park this December.